In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Early Smith&Wesson revolver ?

T J McGillT J McGill Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
A question for the Smith revolver people. I acquired parts from a retired gunsmith, among the parts were a couple weapons to rebuild. One of which is an early S&W revolver. Was able to locate all parts except for a hammer nose and build the pistol to working condition. What I can come up with by determining parts is that this is an early M&P, problem is, this is a .32 long and I can't find where this model came in that caliber. The barrel is marked 32 long, has the patten info on top of the barrel and serial number on the bottom. The cylinder is marked with the serial number. The frame only has the trade mark on the left side and the serial number on the bottom of the grip. All serial numbers match in the 71xxx range. What ever it is, it's an early production because it has the coil type hand sping located in the trigger. Any help you guys can give I'll take, I would like to turn it back into a shooter. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to the S & W book. It's a Model of 1903, (2nd Change). Built on the old "I" frame. Approximate DOM of 1907.

EDIT #1,

Not a M & P. M & P's were "K" frame guns. "I" frame were the smallest of the Hand Ejectors.
  • Options
    T J McGillT J McGill Member Posts: 99 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks rufe-snow, you got me a little closer. Not much info out there on these old pistols. Found a complete hammer on Numrich but would rather just find the hammer nose. Funny, I found an old parts breakdown and price list for a third change, a hammer nose back then cost .70, anyone still have one of those they want to sell?
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you go to the S&W forum,
    They have a wanted to buy board...
    Lots of knowledgeable folks over there
    JIM..............
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would just make one. Would be way easier if only the protruding pin was missing. I would think the j-frame nose pin would serve a pattern, the i frame size could be somewhat smaller.