In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

browning safari grade question

louisdh1980louisdh1980 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
Good evening all, I had a question on the older browning safari grade rifle. Did they stop ever stop putting gold plating on the rifle's floor plate?

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Google found a 1968 30-06 without the gold in the scroll work.
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    I have a 1969 Safari, it has the gold scroll work on the floor plate. I have not handled any other Safari's other than the 7mm rem mag I own, so my knowledge on this model is limited. There isn't much info out there on these fine bolt action rifles other than the salt wood issue - and I wouldn't let that stop me from owning another one! The quality of these rifles is second to none in my opinion - and they shoot![:)]
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LGS has an SE grade w/o gold inletting. Looking in the BB it mentions that "grades differ in engraving, finish, checkering and grade of wood", and to also be aware of salt wood. So IMO yes, there could quite possible be a wide variant between models.