In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mossberg Bolt Action Shotgun

Another PilgrimAnother Pilgrim Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
My brother has a 12ga. bolt action Mossberg in good condition. Does this have any value? I told him to go to a guns-for-cash that cities sometimes sponsor and turn it in for whatever they offer. Would it be worth it to sell on Gun Broker? Any comments on value?

Comments

• Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would NEVER take a gun to one of those buyback programs, all it does is support the anti-gun cause. Most Mossberg bolt-action shotguns run in the $75-200 range, I'd need more info (model number?) to give ya any specifics.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the prices on the Mossberg shotguns, actually sold on our auction. To get a ballpark value. You will have to sign-up to see the selling prices, on the completed auctions.

Besides Mossberg other American companies, made bolt-action shotguns. Almost all would be classed as utility grade, and priced similarly.
  • Options
    KnifecollectorKnifecollector Member Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It has been my experience that lower valued utility type firearms will bring a bit more locally than @ an online auction.
    The shipping charges and FFL fees can sometimes exceed the value of the said firearm.
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love those things. Here is one that I just bought.
    Do a search on the auction side under shotguns for "bolt". That will give you an idea as to what people are asking. You can also search the completed auctions as previously mentioned to see what they actually sold for.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=462882508
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Henry0Reilly
    You don't list a location but I'll wager that somewhere near you is a local website where you could list that for sale. That sort of gun would bring $100 - $175 around here on a website called Hoosier Topics.

I'm curious whatever became of the Belgian Revolver?

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=646193

I still have the Belgian Revolver. Not sure what I am going to do with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mark G
    I love those things. Here is one that I just bought.
    Do a search on the auction side under shotguns for "bolt". That will give you an idea as to what people are asking. You can also search the completed auctions as previously mentioned to see what they actually sold for.

http://www.GunBroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=462882508

That looks a lot like my brothers gun. His is a 395KB 12 ga with serial number 191942.