In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ithaca Lightning Lock

jaegermisterjaegermister Member Posts: 692 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
I keep coming across this Ithaca claim originally on SxS advertisements and then later
On anything Ithaca. So just what is it? Heavy springs ? Lock time and actual Fire time are like two different things. A quick lock and a heavy pull will be no faster tha a light pull and medium lock time.

Comments

• charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never saw any "Ithaca Lighting Lock" advertisement. However I did get to shoot a round of trap with a prototype 3200 Remington 40+ years ago. The factory shooter lady from Remington saw me looking at her shotgun in the rack. She bought the birds and the box of shells, plus she handed my 2 extra shells saying shoot these for practice, the lock time on this Remington will make the 37 (Ithaca) that you are using seem like a molasses in January. She was right.

I almost bought a 3200 a few years back but I'm really not a double barrel shotgun guy. I like my H&R 48 for lite weight and the 870 because it holds 8 rounds.

I did one time drop 5 quail with five shots with the Ithaca. The birds were about 5 paces apart laying on the ground. For hunting having the rounds go straight down was nice. It marked the direction of the shot(s) which is really useful for finding downed birds.