In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M1919

armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
A friend picked up a non firing M1919 replica. Has all matching numbers on visible parts. Has about 80% of the original finish left on it. Any idea of what it is worth ??? I might be interested in acquiring it and I know what he has in it.

Comments

• Options
    ampartsamparts Member Posts: 140 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    US built guns only have a serial number on the right side plate. FN guns (depending upon contract) can have serial numbers on parts but not on most guns. Need some more info to really determine what it is.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by amparts
    US built guns only have a serial number on the right side plate. FN guns (depending upon contract) can have serial numbers on parts but not on most guns. Need some more info to really determine what it is.

What more info would you need ?????
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The sideplate is the NFA part, as far as the feds are concerned. If it is numbered same as the rest of the parts. I would make dam sure, that it legal befor springing big bucks on it.

Just because it is supposedly non firing, won't cut it with the JBT's. If the sideplate is function, with all it's associated parts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    The sideplate is the NFA part, as far as the feds are concerned. If it is numbered same as the rest of the parts. I would make dam sure, that it legal befor springing big bucks on it.

Just because it is supposedly non firing, won't cut it with the JBT's. If the sideplate is function, with all it's associated parts.

Well from what I determined the barrel is plugged but is removeable. You can pull the charging handle back but not all the way like something is blocking it and the trigger doesn't move at all. The rear plate where the pistol grip is has some movement but I didn't try to remove it. As fas big bucks go I could probably pick it up for around $300. The guy that has it has no knowledge of firearms.
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow

+1000

If it is real then this...
    http://www.atf.gov/files/firearms/guides/importation-verification/machinegun-destruction.html

If it is a replica then the side plate is just a piece of sheet metal.
    http://www.collectorsarmoury.com/products.asp?dept=22
    Many replicas are coming out of Japan and they look good but are far from being a gun. Worth $300, no more.
    If it has useable "Browning Parts", worth a lot more, $1500 and up,
    if you could sell them.[;)]

I just found a legal demilled real 1919 for sale...$1900
    http://www.milweb.net/classifieds.php?type=16
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obviously you need to find out if it is a replica or is an actual 1919 that has been demilitarized to a recognized standard before you get serious about buying it.

If you can verify that it is legal to purchase, the value is, IMO, strictly what you want to pay for it. Neither will have any value other than as a display piece.

Frankly, if it is worth $ 300.00 to you, it is worth $ 300.00.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ATF does not care about barrels, triggers or anything else except to right hand side plate. On THAT gun, THAT plate IS the gun. Everything else is parts. If THAT side plate is still intact and functioning, and it is an original, you have a machine gun.

In effect, the right hand side plate IS the receiver- that is where the SN is stamped,
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The guys have all given you great advice.

But, without photos (especially close ups of the right side plate), we really can't tell what this item is.

I see 2 possible outcomes:
    ---you will get an expensive door stop, or
    ---you will get a visit from the fellas with the bulges in the cheap suits

Some things are not worth fooling around with; I'd walk away. Even at this time of the year, Butner Low is not a nice place to visit.

Neal