In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

selling-shipping co2 airgun to Cal

cokedaddycokedaddy Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
I am in NY. Can I sell-ship a co2 airgun to a buyer in Cal ? I'm not a FFL dealer.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    One thing I do is look at places like Cabela's Brownell's MIDWAY etc and look at who sells an item like mine "AIR RIFLE" and see if they ship to where I want to ship. if so then I ship long guns can go USPS
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Conventional airguns aren't considered firearms by Federal law. Whether you do or don't have an FFL is irrelevant. Conventional airguns aren't regulated by Federal law, and having an FFL doesn't change anything. What matters is local law.

In CA its against the law to sell an airgun to anyone under the age of 18 years.

As of last year, airSOFT (not conventional pellet) guns sold in the State of CA now require some sort of bright colored marking to distinguish them from "real" firearms. You'll have to go read the law itself for the details.

So far as I know, so long as the above two details are met you should be fine to sell a CO2 gun into CA.
  • Options
    cokedaddycokedaddy Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, that helps a lot!