In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

M14-M1A Magazines

Missouri Mule K30Missouri Mule K30 Member Posts: 2,092 ✭✭
edited February 2015 in Ask the Experts
What do you think about the Korean new made magazines? I presently have six of the older M14 magazines and two of the newer Springfield but seen a new in the wrap Korean made for $13.50 on the auction side and "pulled the trigger". I am hoping that the Korean has the same quality as the early US made magazines. How did I do? Thanks...

Comments

• fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    i would have bought the check mate brand the goverment uses them and they are made for springfield
  • nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with fordsix, although I think any of the older USGI mags (Winchester, Borg Warner, et al) are top quality.

The only aftermarket mags that I have found that function as well as USGI are the unmarked gray Chicom mags, probably from Norinco.

Neal

"You get what you pay for, sometimes less."
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,308 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Sorry, I can't comment on the specific magazines you're asking about, but I learned my lesson on M1A mags right away afer I bought my M1A in 2000. Right after I bought the rifle, I ordered a dozen or more mags that were much more attractively priced than the gov't surplus mags going for $35+. Long story short, they were junk, but the guy was good about it, and took them back. I have since purchased only gov't surplus mags. I bought them a few at a time, 1, or 2 now and again, most off GB, for $32-$35 apiece. There were plenty of sellers wanting $45-$65 for them. I just kept looking, and found more reasonably priced ones. I decided they were worth the cost, as you will never wear one out.

Edit to add:There are Springfield Armory mags on the auction now for 20 bucks each.
  • ammo guyammo guy Member Posts: 810 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have used the Korean M=14 mag's for sometime and for the money they are not bad. The lips are somewhat softer that the GI ones and I have has to re-adjust one of two after keeping them loaded for extended time. Otherwise they seem to work as they should.
  • M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Korean = junk.

Get Checkmate mags they are built mil spec.