In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

value of my shotgun

hdalefan08hdalefan08 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2004 in Ask the Experts
Hello, I have a shotgun my father left me and was wondering about the value of it. Being an auto. and the way the laws are i am thinking of selling it and buying another gun. It is a 12 gauge light has vented rib and 2 3/4 inch shells. the butt plate has browning automatic with FN in the middle. serial# 5G92486 it is also recoiless. (I think that is the right term). I am not sure of the choke but a dime just fits in the end of the barrel. (I was told if a dime doesn't fit in the barrel it is full choke) any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello...

You apparently have a Browning A-5 Lightweight that was made in 1965. The A-5 is classified as a "long-recoil" action (the barrel moves/slides to the rear on recoil). The choke is marked on the left side of the barrel and appears as follows;

BROWNING CHOKES AND THEIR CODES (ON REAR LEFT-SIDE OF BARREL)
    * designates full choke (F).
    *- designates improved modified choke (IM).
    ** designates modified choke (M).
    **- designates improved cylinder choke (IC).
    **$ designates skeet (SK).
    *** designates cylinder bore (CYL).

The value will greatly depend upon the graded condition, and can run from approximately $300 - $900 for a 12 gauge. These are outstanding shotguns, and I would not worry about it being a semi-auto.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!