In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need info on a drilling

mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
edited November 2004 in Ask the Experts
Help me.help me.
A friend has a drilling that he's trying to find info on. Like when it was made and how much it might be worth. Stuff like that. Here's how it was described to me. (I can post a picture if that'll help but I won't have access to it until Thursday.)
Double barrel 16 ga. shotgun.
8X57 rifle barrel underneath.
The maker is Gustav Mullens (I think). The word "Chlader" is beneath the name so I don't know if that's his last name or something else.
The serial # is : 5419
It has a double trigger.
It has a lot of scroll work.
When you flip the switch to engage the rifle, a small rear sight pops up.
That's all I know about it. Like I said, if a picture will help, let me know and I can post a few on Thursday.

Mudge the helpful

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>

Comments

• Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Mudge...

Unfortunately, there is almost no written material on the vast majority of the European gunmakers. Drillings are cool guns, but they do not have a lot of collector interest in the U.S.A. Most of them made it to this country as "bring homes" from WW I and WW II. If nobody here has more information about this gun, contact me and I will point you to a different forum where you can/will get better information.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • 101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    mudge,
    You may wish to check out www.gunshop.com