In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question?

ruger891022ruger891022 Member Posts: 123 ✭✭
edited November 2004 in Ask the Experts
Is it okay to put hoppes 9 lubricant (in the little orange bottle) on wood, Laminate and walnut, it says it cleans wood work, but would it hurt to put it on the wood, not too much, just enough?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have been around and used guns all my life, and I hate to seem like a total dummy, but I have never understood the difference in "striker fired" and "hammer fired" pistols. Could someone offer a simple explanation?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How the devil do you get to look up an auction number?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm just curious. I have an original model CZ75 and the date stamp over the ejector reads 86 so I'm assuming that this is the year it was made. The question that I have is this. I want to know if this pistol has any value and if so, What is the value because I'm thinking about purchasing a Sig?

P.S. but if the CZ75 is a better keep or has any value then I will keep it because I have had this gun for over 20 years and it's really a good gun and will purchase the Sig at a later time, thanks for your help.
  • Options
    linemechlinemech Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have never used it for the sole purpose of cleaning wood but i have spilled some during cleaning the bore and it did no harm. I would try a test run on some wood that you dont care too much about first.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    im not really trying to put it on the wood, just wondering if it would hurt it if a little bit came off of the metal or somehting
  • Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the wood grain is open (not sealed) then it will absorb the product which in all liklihood will, at least over time, stain or change the color of the wood in the areas where the wood has absorbed it.

If the wood grain is closed (sealed) then there should be no harm providing the product does not have an adverse effect on the finish, and in this case I don't know of any finish damage being caused by the product.

9407288-Ti.jpg

If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't be extrememly mad or anything if it colored the wood, would it ruin the wood or make the stock come apart or anything?...its a laminate stock but it does have the outer layer of sealant from the factory