In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Good price for an M44?

badwrenchbadwrench Member Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
Big 5 has an "excellent condition" Mosin Nagant M44 for $75 (with coupon, which I have). I think that's about average, but I wanted to ank the experts. It comes with a sling and ammo pouch.

Also, do you need stripper clips to load it?

Chrome don't get you home.

Comments

• Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their prices have gone up in the past few months. For a long time they were on sale for $59 & sometimes $49.(That's what I paid). It may well be that those times are past. Every other store that I know of that carries them asks a lot more.
    They are very easy to load without the strip clips as there is no pressure pushing forward on the bolt. I'm not aware of any bolt action rifle that uses a strip clip that must have one.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,241 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That seems like a good price.
    Stripper clips on the Mosin Nagant are very awkward, difficult to use. No you don't need them.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    yeah stripper clips for mosins are a pain in the *! I have about 50 and they hardly ever work right like mauser ones do.