In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win 1894 Rifle value

WIN 1894WIN 1894 Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
I need info/value on the following: Winchester 1894 30WCF Special Order, 26"oct bbl nice bore w/full mag. takedown w/double set triggers s/n:383xxx blue about 70% wood long forend has nice figure and buttstock has has hairline crack at toe about 1" w/crescent buttplate. I have been told that it may be a rare one in this configuration. Appreciate any help on this. [:)][:)]

Comments

• Options
    asaasa Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your 94 rifle was made in 1906 or thereabouts (Bert will be on at some point and tell you the only really accurate way to find manuf. date is a letter from the Cody museum. A letter will also confirm the originality of the sp. order features) The takedown feature and the double set triggers are both rare and increase the value of the rifle considerably. You really need to post some good pics before anyone will venture anything more than a general value. It could be worth several thousand dollars, but if you want a better idea, get some pictures posted. -Asa
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello PFD...

Unfortunately, the serial number on your Model 1894 is just a bit too late to be able to letter it with the Cody Firearms Museum. All of the original records above serial number 353,999 were accidently destroyed long ago. My estimate of the actual DOM for your Rifle is circa late 1907 to late 1908 (most of the 1894s that I have checked in the 340,000 - 350,000 serial range were manufactured in mid 1907 to as late as mid 1908). I would be much more comfortable estimating the potential value after seeing a few pictures of it. Please post clear photos of the receiver frame, barrel, and stocks (showing the defects).

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!
  • Options
    WIN 1894WIN 1894 Member Posts: 149 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. Sorry but I dont have any way to post pictures let alone know how. I will see if I can find someone to do it for me. Thanks again.[:)]