In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H&R Trapper

rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2007 in Ask the Experts
I need to get some replacement parts for my H&R Trapper model 22 7 shot.

I need the hammer, the gripps and the cylinder center pin.

Any idea of whereto get them would be thankful

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a H&R Trapper, .22 7 shot, 6" octagon bbl with sawhandle grip s/n 1793xx. Paid $175 in about as near new as a used revolver can be, blue showing wear at muzzle as when laid on a table, otherwise about 100%. I think it probably dates from 1920s but would like to confirm it's DOM if possible. Also any comments. Thanks
  • Options
    b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    the H&R trapper was introduced in 1924 and carried in the catalog until 1941. here are no know factory serial number records for pre 1940 H&R revolvers.

the trapper was serial numbered in the same range as the model 1906 introduced in 1907. the lowest serial number i have recorded for the trapper is 10943 and the highest is 182482. my best guess would be your revolver was manufactured in the early to mid 1930s.

there was a longer barrel version (10 inch) called the hunter manufactured between 1925 and 1929. after its introduction in 1924 the were probably more trapper models sold than the parent model 1906. a large frame 22 called the model 922 (a 9 shot 22 rimfire)was introduced about the same time and it out sold just about all H&R revolvers of the era it was so popular it remaianed in production until 1979 (with a break in production between 1962 and 1973). the trapper also known as the model 722 was not put back into production after wwII. in fact none of the smaller frames were. H&R basically only manufactured one frame size in solid or top break for all calibers after wwII.
    bill
  • Options
    32 Magnum32 Magnum Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks mr/s b-go & 32mag. I have two trappers as shown and one hunter like the one in the middle. I just yesterday listed all my .22 RF H&Rs, about 10, basic descriptions, s/ns etc. I have concentrated on those I consider collectible, octagon barrels, six inch or longer bbls, plus a couple of top breaks.

If you will give your email address, either here or thru my profile, I will scan and send you the list.

Right now I am looking for 10" or longer bbls plus 6" top break 7 shooters, in vg/e or better. Thanks again.