In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt 1917

its moits mo Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited October 2007 in Ask the Experts
Were Colt Model 1917 DA 45 revolver pistols made with case hardened lanyard rings and hammers?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a chance to pick up a colt 1917 .45acp for 350. chambers and barrel are clean. finnish is mostly gone but no rust. cylinder locks up tight. not looking for a collecter piece just occaisanal shooter. should i get it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    any info on colt double action, 2 1/2 barrel, no front on trigger guard,has us army model 1917 on bottom of butt.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two 1917 Colts - neither has case hardened hammer or lanyard loop and I've never seen a Colt 1917 that way. All I've seen have a blued loop and plain white hammer, blued trigger.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok thanks, the hammer on this one is white and the trigger is blue. The ring looks case hardened unless it's just a wear pattern. The overall condition of the pistol is about 98% and has been well taken care of. Still wondering.