In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Rolling Block Question

5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
I am looking at what I believe is a model 1910 (by rear sight) rolling block rifle in 7 m/m. My questions are: how long did they make this model? Were they serial numbered? and is there any collector value (this is about 10% mostly due to the stock condition) or would this be a candidate for a conversion.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone know how rare a Remington Rolling Block in 44 Rimfire Long with a 34 inch barrel would be. Where could I find out?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a antique Remington Rolling Block in 7mm Mauser that is in mint condition. My question is, when I was a kid I shot this gun all the time using smokeless ammo that was stamped 7mm Mauser on the case. It has been 30 years since then and I wanted to start shooting it again. Where can I find ammo for it, or should I just reload ammo for it using black powder?
  • Options
    Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might get something at:
    http://www.bpcr.net/index-a.htm

I think the scarce part is the 34 inch barrel.

I don't think you will have much luck finding fresh .44 rimfire long ammo.

A collector might be interested in it for the extra long barrel, IF it is in good enough condition.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you could post some quality photos, particularly of the breech/hammer area it would be beneficial. I believe some of the early RB's made for Mexico, were dual purpose. They could fire both rim and centerfire cartridges. This could explain the longer barrel.