In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MSAR STG-556

quickmajikquickmajik Member Posts: 16,324
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
Does the STG-556 except AUG mags? If anyone owns one how good is the quality, accuarcy, and reliability?

Comments

• Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    You know Styer is re introducing the AUG to the US market. I would wait for the original if I had to have one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Will they be introducing the tri rail reciever model like the MSAR.
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    They do not say which models will be available. They have a flat top shown. Call and ask.

STEYR ARMS, INC.
    PO Box 840
    Trussville, AL 35173
    USA

Email: salesinfo(at)steyrarms.com

Phone: (205) 467-6544
    Fax: (205) 467-3015
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    On the other hand, you may not be able to *get* one when they are available...

I think the msars take the same mag. Couple of other features different from the AUG is they can be converted to lefty/righty by simply rotating the bolt, not replacing it. Also, there is a forward assist like on the AR15/M16. And I'm not sure if the AUG has a gas port that is "semi self cleaning" - gets nasty, crank it open, fire a few shots, then put back to "normal" position.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iwannausername
    On the other hand, you may not be able to *get* one when they are available...

I think the msars take the same mag. Couple of other features different from the AUG is they can be converted to lefty/righty by simply rotating the bolt, not replacing it. Also, there is a forward assist like on the AR15/M16. And I'm not sure if the AUG has a gas port that is "semi self cleaning" - gets nasty, crank it open, fire a few shots, then put back to "normal" position.

Yeah I want one for its utility not names sake. I can Order an MSAR right now before the prices inflate further. I just want too make sure they will take original AUG mags before I do.. I can get 30 and 42rnd AUG mags for about 10-15 dollars less per mag. Them MSAR mags are like 35 or 45 apiece depending on the retailer.