In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Arms UMC .45 - Is It All Original?

clickclickclickclick Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
I am selling this for a client & am trying to verify if it is all original - numbers I need to check etc.
I am looking for a value also.

Any help?

It also came with 7 near mint mags, 2 belt mag holders/pouches & the original holster in very good condition!

HPIM2101.jpg

HPIM2102.jpg

HPIM2104.jpg

HPIM2106.jpg

HPIM2108.jpg

HPIM2111.jpg

HPIM2113.jpg

HPIM2117.jpg

HPIM2116.jpg

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello made 1919 with the right serial number range that I believe the slide is original to the frame as well as it looks to have the correct style 1911 Parts not incorrect 1911A1 parts with the exception of the replaced grips.It also looks like it has not been refinished . All of the above is the good news. The bad news is it has severe pitting and is overall fair to poor condition with my leaning toward the poor side. I cant see if it has a 1919 barrel and if so what condition the barrel is "the barrel in pristine condition NOT LIKELY " could be worth almost as much as the rest of the pistol . The one magazine shown is IMHO not MINT and is later WW II worth about $50.00 or less IF you had vintage WW I magazines these would have a loop on the bottom and show heat treatment and these in MINT condition would be wort $150.00 + each . The pistol in my opinion is $400.00 on a GOOD day but others might be willing to pay more. Just a suggestion as you seem to be getting a number of firearms to sell The pictures as others have stated as better then 90% of those on this site but you need to invest in a tooth brush and other cleaning equipment some KROIL oil and clean all the surface rust off the screw heads slide gripping grooves etc. If you are selling for a commission
    it will increase your $$$

Edit Web gear is a + as well as holsters and magazines each a small + I would bet money that a lot of the damage to the pistol was because it was stored for a long periods of time in the holster.[V] The barrel is colt late WW II big - as far as going with the pistol but would be worth something by its self to someone that needed an original WW II colt barrel. Over all a mixed bag on the added pictures I do not think it has been refinished as the flats look almost like fine grind marks "Correct" not buffed or parkerized."refinished".
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The pistol appears to have been refinished over deep pitting & abuse; the lighting makes it difficult to tell. The hammer & grips are replacement. You did not describe the barrel markings or bore condition, & that could make a big difference in the value. The mags are WWI replacement mags made by the American Pin Co.

I would expect it to sell in the $600-1,000 range. Great quality photos, which should help sell it.

Neal

EDIT: Perry Shooter is right about the barrel; that alone could bring $300-400. Neal
  • Options
    clickclickclickclick Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here are more photos as requested...

I don't think it was refinished but am not positive as I am not an expert. The bore looks good as the photos show. Thanks perry for the advice & to get the oil to clean. I have been considering getting into cleaning these guns as the majority are dirty & I am sure it would help on the commissions. That & most of the buyers have replied how good there purchases look after cleaning!

I hope the photos show all the markings. If I missed any please let me know & I will photo them!

Thanks for your help! [:)]

HPIM2120.jpg
    HPIM2121.jpg
    HPIM2125.jpg
    HPIM2126.jpg
    HPIM2127.jpg
    HPIM2128.jpg
    HPIM2130.jpg
    HPIM2134.jpg
    HPIM2135.jpg
    HPIM2136.jpg
    HPIM2137-1.jpg