In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Limbsavers worth the money?

WorkingzombieWorkingzombie Member Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
edited November 2008 in Ask the Experts
Thinking about getting a Limbsaver pad for my Mossberg 500. Not the slip-on one, but the screw-on pad version ($30). Do they significantly reduce recoil kick?

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enjoy mine. Worth the money. I broke my shoulder several years ago and need all the help I can get.
  • Options
    dppatroldppatrol Member Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    they work better than any pad i've tried but it does change the length of pull slightly and can catch on loose jacket material under arm when you hurry the mount.
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have mounted quite a few of them and everyone has been very happy with them. I added one on my wifes Rem 1100 and she is very happy with it. Well worth the money in my opinion.
  • Options
    FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have several of the slip on limbsavers. Outstanding. Makes my slug hunter a pleasure to shoot.

As mentioned, the only issue is the soft rubber is a little sticky. If you're making snap shots at birds, skeet, or on a deer drive it can stick on clothing as you bring it up, especially if it's cold and you're dressed heavily. Don't let that deter you, though; the good far outweighs the bad.
  • Options
    mrbrucemrbruce Member Posts: 3,374
    edited November -1
    Well worth the price for the recoil reduction alone, they are as good as it gets...
    They don't get age hardened like the old Remington pads do either....
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one of the original 870 Express Turkey guns with a 21 inch barrel. 2 oz. turkey loads rock your world...even with the factory pad. I put the SVL Limbsaver pad on, and it has cut the percieved recoil in half. They are worth every penny!
  • Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put one on my Ruger Compact (less than 7 lb) 308, With my favorite handload, it was uncomfortable to shoot more than a few times, due to a rotator cuff injury. After installing the SVL pad, my wife can shoot it with no ill effects.
    I recommend them to anyone who is recoil sensitive.
  • Options
    Camelot43Camelot43 Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Worth the money! Mounted one on a Savage 7mm Mag... Before you could shoot 1 or 2 comfortably, took it to the range and shot a box and a half through it no problem... Greatly reduces recoil.
  • Options
    FEENIXFEENIX Member Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ANOTHER YES!!!!