In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kahr CW .45

MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
I'm trying to decide if the CW 45 or CW 40 will become the "new" pistol I will choose to carry. It fits my hand well (small hands), and will slip in my pocket very easily (I wear slacks almost daily). I am trying to find the smallest & lightest pistol to carry, but not sacrifice power.
There is a bunch of manufactures building pistols in .380 caliber that are the perfect size and fit, but I feel as though I'd be loosing some serious power if it ever becomes necessary to use it.
I'm not sure if I will choose the .40 or the .45. Both are nearly identical in size, but the .40 is about an 1/8 of an inch narrower and will weigh less when loaded.

Anyway, looking for opinions on these two specific models from those who may already have begun carrying them. Also, if you have purchased one (weather for carry or not), what are your likes & dislikes?

Thanks in advance,

Aaron

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had the privilage of firing one of the 45's a couple hundred rounds. I would not hesitate on that one in the least. To bad they don't make it in a 10 MM!!!!!!!!!

Best
  • Options
    MrM1A1MrM1A1 Member Posts: 2,764 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the CW 45 and love it. I don't carry it all that often, but you will be happy with the 45. .40 cal is definitely stronger than .380, but if you want power, go with the .45. You can't put a price on peace of mind either[;)]
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    I have the P-45 and P-9. It's a toss up as to which one I carry.
    Kahr makes very good pistols, and they run very good after broken in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TRS1965, I am totally on the same page with you. I wish the 10mm was available in a good carry gun. I have a Colt Delta Elite & S&W 1006 that I love to shoot, but obviously, they are way too big for concealed carry.

Thanks all for the responces. I'll probably get the CW45, the only thing I don't like is the fact that there is NO safety.

Aaron
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MOONED
    TRS1965, I am totally on the same page with you. I wish the 10mm was available in a good carry gun. I have a Colt Delta Elite & S&W 1006 that I love to shoot, but obviously, they are way too big for concealed carry.

Thanks all for the responces. I'll probably get the CW45, the only thing I don't like is the fact that there is NO safety.

Aaron

There is more safety engineered in that gun, than an external safety could ever offer. It is really no different than a double action revolver.

Best
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, I picked up the CW 45 yesterday. I love the trigger pull. Probably about 4.5 pounds. Smooth as silk, only to get better with use. Also, I have carried a S&W model 36 from time to time and did already figure that my "no safety" remark was about like saying the model 36 had no safety. Anyway, I get the point and am happy with the purchase.

Thanks all for the opinions.

Aaron