In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rem. 700 Stocks

HawkshawHawkshaw Member Posts: 1,016 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
Is there any difference between the SPS stock, and the XCR stock??? Is the XCR more rigid? I'm considering replacing a walnut stock with the XCR to shave a little weight. THX HAWKSHAW

Comments

• tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hawkshaw,

Is the XCR more rigid?

There is very little difference in the two stocks, except for one has some overmolding on it. They both stink and are a disgrace to the Remington name.

To get more rigidity, you have to start with the Bell & Carlson fiberglass stocks, and go up from there, if weight saving is the issue, along with accuracy.

Best
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here is some info on accurate inovations a company using aircraft grade aluminum for Rem 700 stock..
    http://www.accurateinnovations.com/remington/remington-700-rifle-stock.html
  • RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget fit, and ease of modifying if need be. I sold a 700 in '06 once because the old style wood with cheekpiece stock just didn't fit right and beat the hell out of me. A similar .35 Whelen with the classic style stock is a pleasure, for me, by comparison.