In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

green label

NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
edited June 2010 in Ask the Experts
just traded for a NIB model #R6600 sporter heavey bbl. sp231xxx[:p],anyway this one came with a new in box&in the rifle box,colt 4x20 scope w/leather covers.can't find any reference that this gun was supplied with this scope.1st owner said that is the way he bought it new,i am 2nd owner.question is were they supplied that way from factory or was it an add on?i know that a 3x9 rubber coated scope was supplied to some H/BAR's,but a 4x20 colt scope?anybody hear of this[?][:p]thanks guy's for any and all info

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    4x20 scope was a seprate buy but nice to get with gun
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Never seen one come with the scope. Maby the shop where he bought it added it.
  • Options
    MrM1A1MrM1A1 Member Posts: 2,764 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You definitely got a pretty good deal. Your scope is not original to the gun, but if it was bought new with the gun it is definitely correct for the period your gun was mfg'ed. I don't have my DOM sheets with me so I'm not sure when it was made, but your scope and rifle were probably made same year, if not same month. Pretty cool since most collectors of Colts(including myself) strive for that kinda thing. Another plus is the leather scope caps. I rarely see these in original condition with the scopes. Nice setup. [8D]

If you don't mind me asking, what did you trade for it??
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    i had the higher priced gun when he bought mine,so we agreed on 1500.00 for his set up(NIB 6600 W/ NIB 4x20 colt scope)and the rest was money to finish paying me. i was [:)][^][:D]happy thanksquote:Originally posted by MrM1A1
    You definitely got a pretty good deal. Your scope is not original to the gun, but if it was bought new with the gun it is definitely correct for the period your gun was mfg'ed. I don't have my DOM sheets with me so I'm not sure when it was made, but your scope and rifle were probably made same year, if not same month. Pretty cool since most collectors of Colts(including myself) strive for that kinda thing. Another plus is the leather scope caps. I rarely see these in original condition with the scopes. Nice setup. [8D]

If you don't mind me asking, what did you trade for it??