In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Auto Ord Thompson .45

SpringCreekTradeCoSpringCreekTradeCo Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited March 2015 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know if any other magazines fit this "Tommy Gun copy" besides the ones made by Auto Ord? I had a guy tell me that "grease gun" mags will work, but I don't know what those are.

Any help out there would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    burpfireburpfire Member Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    greasegun mags will not work in the auto ordnance tommy guns. he is thinking of volunteer arms tommy gun look-a-like. they use greasegun mags. surplus tommy gun mags will work in your auto ordnance, but you need to make the mag catch on them oval in shape.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    The receivers of the semi autos was changed slightly to make full auto conversion difficult and among these changed was a slight alteration of the magazine area. This means the use of a proprietary magazine, or alteration of existing TSMG magazines. For the TSMG mags to work, there are holes to be drilled and peening of some corners and some kind of modification to the gun's magazine latch.

This stuff is too deep for me, but there are probably instructions online from Thompson guys who've preformed the modifications successfully.

At the minimum: M3 Grease Gun magazines are single row feed while TSMG are double row...It just won't work.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Grease gun mags are double stack too. I use them in my MAC 10.