In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

All Temp tactical lube

jx344jx344 Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone used a gun lube called All temp tactical lube. I would like to know the results if anyone has tried it.

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No. Haven't seen it at my range yet either? I use Slip 2000 and am super happy with its temperature Insensitivity and the fact it stays put in my FCG on the AR like sh#_ to a bearskin rug!
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of hype, smoke, and mirrors involved in selling lubricants.

I used to be a dealer for BG (Bearing & Gear) products. One of the big displays we had used an old IH engine with the oil pan on a toggle hinge. We ran the motor until it was warmed up and then dropped the pan leaving the crankshaft spinning w/o oil. It would run w/o oil for 30-45 minutes and then we'd lift the pan and give it some lube. The thing got lots of attention and sold lots of product.
    In this case, it did actually work. Once the product had a chance to get into the pores of the metal, it has amazing staying power and anti-wear protection.
    Mixed with any dino oil and worked into moving parts, this stuff is amazing. I don't get my guns hot enough to make it work well but those who do would like it. The old formula didn't work with synthetics.