In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

220 swift???

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in Ask the Experts
What's up with the shortage of swift ammo? I did a search on the auction side and there were only 6 listings. Is it that common to be so short?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Loaded ammo, components, handgun reloading powder etc. Have been in short supply, since the Community Organizator got reelected. If you really want to get frustrated. Try buying .22 ammo, out in the sticks.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And I thought that my 375 Winchester ammo was tough to find and expensive. I wonder if it is a cyclical thing, as in being manufactured every 2-3 years or something?
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As rufe has said, the better portion of things of all ammo has not been what it used to be 2 1/2 years ago.

For us guys that like to pull the trigger a lot, we buy what we can, when we can, as often as we can, and as much as we can. If one does not hand load, it would be a good time to start, as at least components are more available from time to time, than loaded ammunition.

It still bother's me that 22 LR ammunition, when you can find it is sometimes 400-400% more than what it used to be.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Swift ammo hasn't been a big seller for decades so the production isn't a priority. I have one I seldom shoot but I'm also a reloader so I bought a lifetime supply of cases when I set-up the the rifle 5-6 years ago.
  • Options
    steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Swift is an awesome cartridge but its all but been replaced by the 22-250. The factories will focus on what sells the quickest.