In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FNS40 or SIG 250/40

texasbeanmantexasbeanman Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Ask the Experts
Which is better?

Comments

• Options
    62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one that fits and feels best to you. Both good quality pistols.If you can find a range/gunshop that rents pistols try them side-by-side and make your own decision.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have heard nothing but good about the FN pistols, but the reports are varying on any of the Sig Polymer framed pistols.

While the Sig's have some nice modularity features, and their steel/alloy framed pistols have a good reputation for going bang every time you want them to, not so much from the Polymer guns. Something to consider, as one always hates to have to get rid of something they like the feel of, but is not reliable.

Best
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Shoot them both, then decide.
    In 30 years, when the FN has more replaced parts than originals; remember Sig's web address.
    I actually own & shoot 3 of the "iffy" Sig polymer pistols, & haven't had a problem from any of them for almost 20 years.
    They are; SigPro 2340 (357Sig/40S&W), P226 (9mm), and P229(357Sig) acquired over 5-6 years, starting back in '96.
    I shoot them in Action Pistol & other matches about twice a month, and practice quite a bit in between. I have found them to be reliable, accurate, quality firearms, and consider the only FN worth owning to be an FAL.