In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Coltsaa

hunter.bhunter.b Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
edited April 2015 in Ask the Experts
I have access to a early Colt saa with the italic address. The barrel has been cut with no sight.How do I go about installing a nickel front sight and where can I get one.I don't think I could find a barrel.Serial number 2366.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to my reference, 2366 was made in 1874. No matter the current condition, it's extremely valuable. I wouldn't be doing anything to it. Pass it on to a collector. IMHO, you will get enough for it, to buy a couple of modern Colts. At least.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Your Colt is one of the FIRST military contract of 8000 of these guns every produced There should be a serial number on at least 4 places plus another number on the loading gate . There were a number of these guns that all started with 7 & 1/2 inch barrels that were sent back to Colt to have the barrel shortened to 5 & 1/2 inch on the left hand side of the frame should be 2 letters U. S. these may be very hard to see if pistol is worn or refinished . DO not do ANYTHING to this pistol even cleaning until some one that knows early military COLT SAA looks at it do NOTHINGto the pistol until you post pictures here or someone that KNOWS COLTS looks at it
  • Options
    hunter.bhunter.b Member Posts: 223 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a US stamped gun