In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

savage 24v 357&20ga o/u

wcwiremanwcwireman Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in Ask the Experts
I HAVE SAVAGE MOD. 24V 357 /20 GA.O/U SER.NO.D 615722 IBOUGHT 30 YRS AGO ????? I THINK SHOT ONCE CAN I SHOOT REGEULAR 38 CAT. IN IT CAN YOU TELL ME WHEN IT WAS MADE AND ITS VALUE ITS GEST LIKEWHEN I BOUGHT IT

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    I can't answer but one of your questions. Yes you can shoot 38 special in any firearm chambered for 357 Mag. It might have a slightly different point of impact that you will need to adjust the sights.
  • Options
    gary wraygary wray Member Posts: 4,663
    edited November -1
    wcwireman.......I have the exact same rifle that you describe. Got it about the time you got yours...about 35 or so years ago. Love the gun! Put a scope on it and used it hunting in WV for years. Shot many a .38 out of it, wadcutters, +p's and the like. Since it is rated for .357 it can shoot any .38. Come to find out that it is the rarest of the Savage Model 24V's so it sells for a bit of a premium compared to the others (.22/.223 and the like). Value depends on condition but I would not sell mine for any less than $350 even in this down market. I have seen used Model 24's going for @$200 or so. Savage came out with them in 1971 and only offered the .357 for a short time. The Model 24 O/U was discontinued in 1989. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    jeffb1911jeffb1911 Member Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the auctions, they go crazy sometimes. But i'd give you xxx for it..........seriously though, the ones i've sold went higher than i thought they would have. Excellent gun however. I'd keep it if i were you. Wish i had kept mine. A good peep sight on it is most excellent for them.
  • Options
    SpringCreekTradeCoSpringCreekTradeCo Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boy what a difference 5 years makes in terms of selling prices / values of the Savage 24s...ESPECIALLY the .357 Model 24V. I would LOVE to buy one for $300 today!