In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Universal Enforcer Pistol

Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2015 in Ask the Experts
Is there a "catch" to driving out the gas piston plug pin? Such as from the left or right?

Comments

• Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought the above with serial #217477 cal 30 M-1. Manufactured in Hialea? Florida. It appears to have an 11 1/4 " barrel with the receiver and barrel encased in a walnut stock head to toe. Can anyone tell me when it was manufactured. Was it 1965-1982 or after 1985. It is important that I know because in Maryland in order to sell a handgun it has to be on an approved handgun list put out by the Maryland State Police. It is not on the list. I can sell it if it was manufactured before the 1985 list came into affect if it was made before 1985. Looking in my 26th edition of the blue book it appears from several verus in there that this was made in the early range I mentioned above. Can anyone date it for me[?]

Thanks a million

Jack
  • 45er45er Member Posts: 245 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry cannot answer specific in removing the plug.

For what is worth if have not come across yet, here is an I.J. manual that gives info on page 8 to change the piston position from semi-to-single shot firing. States to use a 3/16" punch to drive the pin out.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/universalmanual70.pdf
  • Toolman286Toolman286 Member Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks 45er. I saw that, but the pin doesn't want to budge & I hate to simply resort to a bigger hammer.