In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

9MM

59MGABD59MGABD Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
has anyone ever heard of a stallard js9 9mm are they good gun

Steve Guffey

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi I am bidding on a S&W 9mm pistol. I am looking at the ammo for this gun and it hits me what kind of volosity do these rounds have? All I see is not 230 grain.What kind of knock down power do they have verses the old millitary 45 cal. semi-auto side arm? What is the best kind of ammo for practice and also for shooting in self defense?[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I need information or suggestions on purchasing a 9mm rueger or s/w?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    looking for a new 9mm already have a glock, so looking at sig 2022, walther p99, and ruger sr9 and 9c any suggestions
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So if you shoot the 9mm would you want something that opened up a bit more to transfer the phyical innersha into the object you shot? I understand a larger cal moves slower with more forse due to weight.I am guessing that a 9mm is not really such a good thing,mabey just a nice target shooting gun?
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LOOK FOR INFO 9MM WITH THIS INFO ON THE SIDE FABRIQUE NATIONALE DARMES DE GUERRE HERSTAL BELGIQUE THEN BELOW IT SAY BROWNINGS PATENT DEPOSE ON THE TOP SIDE OF THE BARREL IT HAS LIKE A ROYAL CROWN WITHE LETTER W BELOW ????
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey all,

Im looking at either a ruger sr9 or a taurus 92, I love the look of the taurus, however ive shot the sr9 and really enjoyed this pistol. What are everyones thoughts on quality and anything to help me make my choice.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    9mm Magtech +P HP is inexpensive and effective
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking into getting a good 9mm for personal defense and sport shooting. I am looking at the 24/7-9BP-17 by Taurus. Mostly I am looking into getting something that is durable and reliable. I am going to be looking into Glock and Kimbers. I dont have a whole lot to spend on this handgun so please lets keep the price under 500.00 . Thank you in advance!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please post pictures and stop using all caps, it means you are yelling.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Likely it's a FN Model 1922. 380 pistol. Made for the Dutch army. The crest is for queen Wilhelmina, who was the queen of Holland when the pistols were made. As the head of state, her crest would have been on the armies firearms.

The 1922 FN Browning, in .380 caliber. Was used as a military pistol, by a number of European countries. Although we call the cartridge .380 here in the States, it's known as 9mm short in Europe.

Post quality photos of the pistol. If it's factory original and in at least very good condition. It would be wanted by a collector.

336444504.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ill try and send some pictures
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    9mm short,cort = 380acp
  • Options
    edited November -1
    im looking for a clip for it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 59MGABD
    im looking for a clip for it

Triple K carries the MAGAZINES. Set you back $38. Not original, but modern made repos. They work OK though. See below link.

http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/412/prd/516/
  • Options
    KAMsalesKAMsales Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    so I can can run a 380 round through this ???
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 59MGABD
    so I can can run a 380 round through this ???

NO. Not till someone determines what pistol it is!!!

You got "if it's" and "likely's".

Post some pics here and someone will tell you what you need to know.

Read this....
    http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    9mm kurz is the German designation for the 380ACP. Other desginations are 9mm Browning, 9mm corto, 9mm court, 9mm curto, 9mm kort,....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    If it looks same,same, as this one, it's a .380.

FN-M1922.jpg
  • Options
    1BigGuy1BigGuy Member Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rufe-snow's post is dead on. They're very sturdy pistols for 1922 and served in a large number of militaries world wide. Yours is Dutch and chambered in .380, sometimes called 9mm Browning, and 9mm Kurtz (German for "short").

quote:Originally posted by rufe-snow
    Likely it's a FN Model 1922. 380 pistol. Made for the Dutch army. The crest is for queen Wilhelmina, who was the queen of Holland when the pistols were made. As the head of state, her crest would have been on the armies firearms.

The 1922 FN Browning, in .380 caliber. Was used as a military pistol, by a number of European countries. Although we call the cartridge .380 here in the States, it's known as 9mm short in Europe.

Post quality photos of the pistol. If it's factory original and in at least very good condition. It would be wanted by a collector.

336444504.jpg