In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lee .223 dies recalled. (Just FYI)

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
No need for responce-
A quantity of dies have left the factory that can cause excess head space if adjusted to firmly contact the shell holder. Only the dies with the date code stamp .223-C4 are affected.

262-673-3075 or info@leeprecision.com

sniper.gif
NRA Life Endowment Member

Comments

• Options
    roysharoysha Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FrancF:
    While no response is really necessary, I think I really want to comment on it anyway. Anyone who uses that touch the shell holder and start loading technique, shouldn't be reloading. One of the main reasons for reloading is to custom taylor ammo for a specific firearm. Properly adjusting the size die is critical to that end. I realize the recall is a CYA for Lee because of some brain dead reloaders out there, but if you are reloading, a little common sense and a lot of care is in order.
  • Options
    gunguy30_06gunguy30_06 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am new to reloading am i am not sure how to custom the ammo to my gun. i would really like to learn though. any good books you know of?
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gunguy

Lyman, Hornady, sierra, nosler, all are great reloading books that can get you started. Plus you always have GB if you get stuck.

As I always preach to new reloaders, The more reload books you have, the better. This makes cross refrance easy for differant powders, bullet types etc.

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member