In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

history-value

artieartie Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
i have two pistols s&w22cal 7 shot tips up to open marked on barrelspringfield mass 58-59-60 the other one is a waffenbrik mauser auto pistol i dont know what cal marked on barrel waffenbrik mauser a-g oberndorffa.n. any info would be helpful

thanks,
artie

Comments

• swiftyswedeswiftyswede Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first gun is a Smith and Wesson model no. 1. The value of that depends tremendously on what issue it is. If the gun is a first issue it could bring anywhere from 5,000 to tens of thoudsands depending on condition. If the gun is anything but a first issue, anywhere from 250 to 2000 depending on condition. Post some more info, and maybe the serial number and we can help you out.
  • artieartie Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks swifty the s&w is in good condition nickel plating 100%intact there is a # at the bottom of the handle the # is 62729 the pat# on barrel pat apr.3 58 july 5.59 dec 18. 60 i dont see any other numbers.no clues on the waffenfabrik mauser pistol??

thanks for the help,

artie
  • 1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I were to hazard a guess, I would say it is likely a 1914 32 Acp, but without pictures I couldn't do any better than a guess.

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "When I was 14 I used to marvel at how ignorant my old man was...by the time I was 21 I was truelly amazed at how much the old bugger had learned in the intervening 7 years!" Samuel Clemens
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
    edited November -1
    thanks again everyone,
    artie
    edited November -1
    had a lot of hits guys but not much new info i woulld post some fotos but im not to swift on computer.

thnks in advance,
    artie
  • swiftyswedeswiftyswede Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am going off of memory here... It is a modle No. 1 Third issue. If condition is original, and 100% the gun can be worth 1000-1500+, if it has been refinished to get in the 100% range than you are looking at 100-300 depending on quality of refinish. I have over 22 of these guns, and I have never even seen one in 100% original condition. If the condition is good, not 100% and not refinished than figure 350-550.
    edited November -1
    i dont think its been refinished the plating is all there no missing spots.

thanks again swifty,

artie
    edited November -1
    how about a prize for the most reads and the least replies????lollol.

artie