In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RCBS

edspecedspec Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited December 2004 in Ask the Experts
RCBS Rock Chuck Bullet Swage reloading. Back in the 50's & 60's I began to reload...collected a lot of reloading equiptment over the years, (brass, powder, primers, books) What do you think all this might be worth now? LEW
edspec@pagosa.net[8D]

Comments

• Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Depends on condition, specific models of equipment ect... Some stuff might be worth a couple bucks some stuff might be worth a good chunk of change.

kerrytraitor.jpgof our country.
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the zoo, Lew. It really depends completely on *what* you have and the condition it is in. An A-2 press or a regular Rock Chucker? Standard .30-06 dies or for the .22-15-60 Stevens? Real early Speer manuals or standard Lyman manuals of that period? 7.62x51 milsurp brass or 9.3x72R Norma? You can figure this out by perusing the offerings here and elsewhere. Thirty - fifty year old powder and primers will be virtually impossible to sell unless it is to a local individual who can get his money back if they are NFG.

If you wish to send me a list of what you have, I could look it over, make some suggestions on values and possibly make an offer on some things. I'm *not* looking to buy a bulk lot unless the prices are ridiculously low. I've bought two huge lots over the years and have more tools / equipment than I can use . . . mostly . . . but there are a few things from that era I would like.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    EDS, Keep me posted as far as what you end up doing, I have the same thing here, no one to leave all that stuff to. I am still useing and enjoying it now. But as we all know their will come a time.[V]
  • Options
    RossRoss Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ed, Chuck,
    Do you have an A-3 or a B press?
    Odd dies or bullet swage dies?
    Instructions from that period?
    Other makes of obsolete equipment?
    Cheers from Darkest California,
    Ross
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
    edited November -1
    Ross, I dont know what presses I have got 3 RCBS, one rock chucker and 2 smaller ones, I never got into swedging slugs, Just have 40 years of reloading STUFF. I used to cast my own pistol bullets. have safeco sizer lubercater with several dies, powder scales 2, trimmer's 3, lots of die's, all kinds of goodies, But I am still enjoying them at this time.[:D] (too much other stuff to list)
  • Options
    edspecedspec Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chuck
    EDS, Keep me posted as far as what you end up doing, I have the same thing here, no one to leave all that stuff to. I am still useing and enjoying it now. But as we all know their will come a time.[V]
    [8D]Thanks for all the advice. My RCBS press is an RCBS Jr.
    Have dies for .243 .30-06 .38 Sp .357 Mag Primers for pistol/rifle
    box (about 500) of .357 brass from Midway (like new) I need to sit down & inventory all this stuff. I havn't done any reloading since I taught my youngest son about 15 yr ago. Both my sons are married & tending to their families & don't have time/energy for reloading/guns anymore. Lew edspec@pagosa.net