In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lost Cause or savable??

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lost cause,,,,,to bad........nambu
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its like old cars...when youre all done, you still have an old car. call him and tell him to turn it in for 50.00 to the gun program in some big city.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,008 ******
    edited November -1
    I think you can sandblast the scale off, shoot it with some black paint, put on a set of grips, and use it for a wall display.

That is ALL it is good for, IMHO.

That gun has been exposed to some serious heat. If the springs have lost their temper, and no longer have any spring tension, chances are good that the rest of the steel has been softened.

It's a wall hanger.
  • Options
    likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wouldn't trust a rebuilt that went through a fire. Metal does funny things under EXTREME fire conditions.

My vote .................X lost cause

likemhot
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That depends. How does it group?
    Actually, the advice to get $$$$ at the next government sponsored turn in is pretty good. You get some money & the satisfaction of pointing out the foolishness of such events.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    Wait for one of them turn-ins where you get a $100 gift card...
  • Options
    mbsamsmbsams Member Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    H of a nerve offering that. No thought about liability or his fellow man - he makes the "black list"
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Might be fun to buy and ENGRAVE - that is if the steel didn't air harden (or water harden) too much. Wouldn't try to restore it back to a shooter

ICE

CRIPES - I want back and looked at the photos again - did anyone notice that it looks like the side plate screw heads were drilled?

I doubt there is any way to put this back together [xx(]
  • Options
    PATBUZZARDPATBUZZARD Member Posts: 3,556
    edited November -1
    I'm tempted to do just that. If i acn get it for under $10 hehe. I'd be proud to hand that in at a gun turn in.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Basic metallurgy(sp?) teaches you that any metal, heated then slowly cooled, looses it's hardness. In a gun, that can mean BAD things. A display peice is all I would ever buy it for. A terrible thing really.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    Thats deffinatley a gonner!! waisted..[:0]