In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Nylon 77 question

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2006 in Ask the Experts
I saw a Rem. Nylon 77 for sale yesterday in a pawn shop. 95% condition but missing the magazine. The stock was a strange black/green swirled pattern, and the receiver was matte finished. I asked for his price and 15 minutes later he returned from the back room with the rifle priced at $345. I was expecting $125-$150. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your estimate is about right, sounds like he was trying to hose you.
  • Options
    00scoots00scoots Member Posts: 410 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The price of Remington Nylons has been climbing ridiculously high the past several years. $345 may seem high, but 77's in good condition have been selling for that price. Be thankful it wasn't a Nylon 10 smoothbore - over $3K!!!

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/nylonrifles/
  • Options
    abcguns2abcguns2 Member Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O.K. , that is a hose-job in the process , the remington nylons are high (price) but the rarer ones in exc. cond. only bring these type of prices ...we have seberal in my 'collection' , some of the better (increased values) items I have kept ...By the way , the 'green' version was made/sold exclusively for k-mart back in the 80's (cant remember dates), we bought all that the local store (k-mart) a couple of times , @ $99.00 each (retail?), sold the crap out of them , kept one (still N.I.B.)and gave Pops one for christmas , he still shoots the crap out of it ...and the mags are available @ apx. $20 range ...
    Good Luck !!!
    d.a.stearns
    Gunsmith / LEO
    Niota , Tn