In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Dan Wesson Pistol Pac k Help

beltfedbeltfed Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭
edited July 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hello Ya'll A friend of mine has a Dan Wesson pistol pack in stainless 357 with vent rib. Has the 2, 4,6,8, inch barrels. Has all the tools instructions, belt buckle and patch. Two of the barrels have never been on the frame and everything is still wrapped in the Dan Wesson paper.He bought the gun new in 1982 it was made in the Monson Mass. plant. What is a fair price for the gun? Thank you and best regards.

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the auction side for completed auctions that have actually sold. That will tell you fair market value, or what the market will bear. My educated guess is $900.00-1200.00.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    They have been selling from about $850-1200.
    One just sold about a month ago for $1175, #172740418.
    A blue one with five bbls.-a 10in. went for only $939.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beltfed
    Hello Ya'll A friend of mine has a Dan Wesson pistol pack in stainless 357 with vent rib. Has the 2, 4,6,8, inch barrels. Has all the tools instructions, belt buckle and patch. Two of the barrels have never been on the frame and everything is still wrapped in the Dan Wesson paper.He bought the gun new in 1982 it was made in the Monson Mass. plant. What is a fair price for the gun? Thank you and best regards.

I had the same thing right down to the brown wrapping paper but in blue. All the extras and IIRC some front sights in a manila envelope. Do the barrels have a heavy full length lug?

I put mine up for sale in a local shop a few years ago for $1,200.00 and it was gone in about 2 hrs. I think I underpriced it, but this was in CA. I'd say $1K is a fair price. DWs have a deep but narrow following, I think the right guy would pay well above that - but might take a while to find the right guy.