In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

gun history

3518swamp3518swamp Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 2010 in Ask the Experts
i have a us arms double barrel shotgun with rabbit ears that belonged to my great grandfather. it has pine damasgus stamped on the rib between the barrels.the serial numbers i can see are 58658 b12 on the reciever were the barrel sits. all three parts seperated has the same numbers. elg in a circle appears on bottom of barrel on reciever mate.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    my dad recently showed me a browing model 1910 german pistol. it is all black with the initals N.F. on the top of the grip on both sides. everywhere there is a serial number there is a lufewaffe right beside it. i was told that the browing company was probably taken over by the nazis and they stamped all the guys. i was wanting to know any info on this gun itself or the history of the stamping of the lufewaffe on these guns. thank you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What can anyone tell me about Winchester Model 1893, and is it acceptable for CAS? Also, I have a unique rifle I would like to find the history on. It is The Hamilton Rifle No 27, 22 cal. Patented Oct 30, 1900 Aug 13, 1907. MFD by CJ Hamilton & Son, Plymouth, Michigan, USA. It is just tiny and looks like a gun made for a small child.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i am looking to purchase a hand gun and want to find out if its stolen its a ruger gp 100 serial #172 42920
  • Options
    TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    The "ELG" indicates it's of Belgian origin and was probably imported prior to 1914. U.S. Arms Company was a trade name used successively by the Alexander WaIler and Company(1877), the Barton and Company (1878) and the H. & D. Folsom Arms Company (1879 & forward) on a variety of firearms.
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bet you that is FINE Damascus. A term that means "don't shoot it" (in most cases)