In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.308 win 150gr round nose

deerhunter63deerhunter63 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
edited August 2010 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know where I can purchase 150gr round nose factory ammo for .308 win ?

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That seems all to funny. My late father was an avid believer in the 150 and 180 grain round nose Core-Lokt Remington's, in either 308, or 30-06, and he shot them out of his Model 742's.

Not sure what your reasoning is of the round nose, but the pointed Core-Lokt's perform equally as well on game, and better as far as trajectory. As for the pushing brush better with the roundnose...that is pure myth, and pure fiction. Brush will de-stabilize a 12 ga slug, 458 Winchesteer, or what ever. What counts is how fast the bullet restabilizes.

Best
  • Options
    deerhunter63deerhunter63 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am absolutly old school on ammunition, and rifles. I use round nose core lokts in both my deer rifles. The first is model 7 18" barrel chambered in .308 win, I use 150gr rn core-lokt. My other rifle is 742 chambered in 30-06, and is my all time favorite. In the area I hunt a 75yd shot is rare, and 25yd to 50yd are the norm. These are mature mountain forest,covered with laurel thickets. The guns and ammo I use have served me well over the years. Last season I killed my best deer ever, he grossed 167 3/4 and net 159 1/2 offical. The old 742 with core lokt did what it was made to do. Kill deer. I would have loved to sit down and talk with your father, we would have made great friends.
  • Options
    B17-P51B17-P51 Member Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a PA deerhunter to me.[:D][;)]
    This may help:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=249807
    Not 150s but I didnt dig too deep.