In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger 77 in 17 WSM now for sale?

5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
Ruger was showing off their new Ruger 77 in 17 WSM at the 2015 shoot show. It is in their catalog on the website. Any ideas when they will be on the dealers shelves?

Comments

• Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I posted the same question at the Ruger Forum and just today got a response that Davidson's has them listed, but they're of course now out of stock. Price referenced was about $750.00.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LGS said that he was able to order 7 of them, and one of them has my name on it![:p]
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I hope they offer the .17 WSM in their American rimfire series before too long. They could sell a bunch.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I see a few for sale here now. But I think I'll wait for that better "street price" to kick in.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Getting better on that "price point". [:D]
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, on the auction listed, the new starting price just went up by 25 bucks.
    But ammo is available at my local Walmart; $14.77/box plus tax. You can get it here on GunBroker for less than $15 delivered. I have bought a couple thousand rounds in case I get a rifle or maybe a Contender barrel in the future.
    I don't want to pay over $500 for a rifle. I guess I won't be getting a Ruger and the Savage rifles still have bugs to be worked out.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kannoneer
    Well, on the auction listed, the new starting price just went up by 25 bucks.
    But ammo is available at my local Walmart; $14.77/box plus tax. You can get it here on GunBroker for less than $15 delivered. I have bought a couple thousand rounds in case I get a rifle or maybe a Contender barrel in the future.
    I don't want to pay over $500 for a rifle. I guess I won't be getting a Ruger and the Savage rifles still have bugs to be worked out.

Were I going strictly for accuracy I'd have a Contender barrel made too - MGM will do it for about $350.00 and my bet is it will outshoot a Ruger. But I'd kind of like a bolt gun, to actually cycle an action smartly instead of being careful where my reloadable brass goes. Maybe CZ will come out soon.
  • Options
    toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by toad67
    LGS said that he was able to order 7 of them, and one of them has my name on it![:p]

Finally got it, and can't wait to shoot it. Feels real nice, fit and finish are great! Luckily, I even sold my old Savage b mag[^]
  • Options
    5mmgunguy5mmgunguy Member Posts: 3,853
    edited November -1
    Getting mine on Tuesday!!