In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kahr CW9 take down

Dave45-70Dave45-70 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
I just purchased a Kahr CW-9, and I'm unable to take the slide off to clean. Yes I followed the directions Mag is out, slide stop pin lined up correctly, supposed to tap the pin with a screwdriver handle and come out. Not mine I've used a gunsmith hammer and a punch and no dice.I e-mailed Kahr service dept, and never got a response, I could send it back but that seems like it should be unnecessary.Any suggestions? thanks

Comments

• farfromnormalfarfromnormal Member Posts: 247 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is just a guess, but I think you are aligning slide stop with the wrong notch in the slide. After removing the magazine, align the line on the left side of the slide with the small line on the frame (very hard to see)this will align the slide stop with a half-moon notch in the slide. Now the slide stop should pop right out.
  • Dave45-70Dave45-70 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is only one notch that will align with the slide stop pin. I'm doing it as the instructions state.
  • dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Dave45-70
    There is only one notch that will align with the slide stop pin. I'm doing it as the instructions state.

Watch this, https://youtu.be/LVGPY0G0G_E
    If she can do it, so can you [;)][:)]
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    That pin is extremely tight, line up the mark on the slide, to the mark on the frame. When I had a CW45, the owners manual said to push the pin out with the back side (rear) with a bic ball point pen.

I will say again, that pin is extremely tight.
  • Dave45-70Dave45-70 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beeramaid How right you are,it is tight, I guess I was to gentle I finally used a brass punch an a larger plastic mallet and got it out. I polished the pin good and applied some Froglube and now I can get it out without too much tapping Thanks again