In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Makarov

Twowings2UTwowings2U Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
Dis-assembly for Makarov or Chinese variant----
lead me to a website??

tanx

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a W. German Makarov. Will a Walther mag fit in the pistol? If not does anyone know what will or where to get spare mags for this pistol? One of these days I'm gonna learn how to post pics. Thanks. Sam.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any suggestions on best way to sell handgun collection at once, instead of piece-by-piece?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    have one of these in .380; shoots great. can anyone point me in the right direction for basic dissasembly, just e'nuff for field cleaning. it is probably easy, but i am sure there is a step 1 , step 2 , etc.just don't wanna be left w/ a buncha parts that i can't put back together cause i missed step one. thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My neighbor has asked me a question that I cannot answer. Can one shoot .380 shells through a 9X18 cal barrel safely. I have looked at the shells and cycled one into the barrel so it looks possible but is it safe? Inquiring minds want to know. Recently I was educated to the fact that you couldn't shoot 40 cal in a 10mm. So I would like to know if this is same situation.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Bulgarian Makarov. I am happy with it but the blueing is pretty much gone. There is no pitting or rust present at all. What preparations do I need to make if I want to reblue it? I have disassembed it almost completely and cleaned it up well. Also, when reblueing, is it smart to leave apart and individually blue....not sure of the procedures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know where I can purchase a decent Makarov? I have seen them on the auction sites but did find a distributor that sold them for $99 and a price break if you bought more than 2. Unfortunatley they sold out and don't expect anymore in the near future. I guess I should have bought one when I had the chance. I even went to the Makarov.com site and the place they referred is out as well.

Thanks.

Jeff
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pull down on the trigger guard & push it to either side. Then pull the slide back & off. What is much more fun is trying to get it back together. Hint: The spring is slightly larger on one end. The tighter end goes on first. I really haven't figured out an easy way to get the slide in place. Just when I am about to give up it goes on. It will never go on if the spring is reversed.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Basically as you would a Walther PP, PPK/s, or PPK
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Twowings2U
    Dis-assembly for Makarov or Chinese variant----
    lead me to a website??

tanx

It ain't "rocket science".