In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Stoeger Luger

tucker92tucker92 Member Posts: 94 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
Not to hijack the other Luger thread: My Stoeger .22 is real steel and real blue. I just stuck a magnet on it and it sticks on all parts. Serial #67375.

Now I have not shot it much and with the cheep 22 ammo I used, it jammed a lot. I will get it out maybe tomorrow, with some hot ammo and see how it does. Will report on it later. Tom

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Is there any data that shows the date of manufacture by serial number of the Stoeger 22 caliber Luger?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, I couldn't beat the price. Anyway, it is usually agreat shooter, with none of the anxiety that comes with shooting an investment grade or even just a collectible Luger.

But the magazine lockup is getting a bit loose, and unless I rest the bottom of the grip in my left hand, pushing up on the magazine base when firing, it occassionally jams. When I push the magazine up tight everything works fine. What can be done?

Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm buying a 6" stainless Stoeger Luger in 9mm - not the older Interarms but a 90s version - and wonder if anyone has experience with them. Here's a sample photo - http://reutterwerk.com/lugergallery/main.php?g2_itemId=9365

I presume takedown is the same as any other Luger.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Stoeger "American Eagle" Luger 9mm unfired condition.
    Can anyone tell me what it is worth?

Thanks

Norman
  • Options
    tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tucker, I can't help you with the date. Mine is SSN 67375 and I am curious also.

BTW, have you shot yours? Mine jams EVERY time. What ammo if yours does not jam. Tom
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only this:

""The .22 cal. Stoeger Luger was introduced in 1969 and was discontinued in 1985. When production began, an aluminum receiver was used. Beginning in 1980 a production change using a steel receiver began. So, if a magnet doesn't stick to the receiver, the pistol is 1969-1979 production, if it does, it is 1980-1985 production.""
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    I don't know about the rimfire pistols, but my 9mm Stoeger works well with hot loads using heavy bullets.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you really want to know the DOM, of your Stoeger Luger. You can get the data from the BATF. John Stimpson the noted High Standard collector, has purchased the data from the original H-S company. He has published a lot of it, on his H-S web site and forum.

Firearms manufacturers are required to give the feds their S.N. data, when they go out of business. Stoeger folded and sold out in the late 90's.

I believe that the Italian Beretta organization, owns the Stoeger name now. They are selling guns made in Turkey, using the Stoeger name.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox
    Tucker, I can't help you with the date. Mine is SSN 67375 and I am curious also.

BTW, have you shot yours? Mine jams EVERY time. What ammo if yours does not jam. Tom

Mine is quite magazine and ammo sensitive. Make sure your mag is functional. Buy one of the Triple K repo's, if you your mag has problems. I got one, and it works OK.

I have found, that high speed round nose ammo is the best to use. Give Mini-Mag solids a try.
  • Options
    tccoxtccox Member Posts: 7,379 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rufe, I think my mag is the problem but since I only have one, I have been hesitant to try and tweak it. I just might try a triple k and see how that works. I would love to shoot this thing but it is just a PITA the way it is now. I suppose I can just google tripple K and find them? Tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tccox
    Rufe, I think my mag is the problem but since I only have one, I have been hesitant to try and tweak it. I just might try a triple k and see how that works. I would love to shoot this thing but it is just a PITA the way it is now. I suppose I can just google tripple K and find them? Tom

Here you go.

http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/412/prd/1264/
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    magazine lips have to be tweaked just right.....I also have an erma artillery model...would shoot aguila sup max in stoeger but not in the erma.....I thought there was a stoeger with a longer barrel but have not seen one
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    magazine lips have to be tweaked just right.....I also have an erma artillery model...would shoot aguila sup max in stoeger but not in the erma.....I thought there was a stoeger with a longer barrel but have not seen one

Besides the cast steel, and aluminum frame variations. The Stoeger's also had 4" & 6" barrels, and adjustable sight models. I have been looking for a adjustable sight model for a long time. Close as I have been able to come, is a photo of one I found on the net.
  • Options
    ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Stoeger 22 is also very mag particular, but one my mags works well with it. My big complaint is that the firing pin is prone to breaking. I found tis out the hard way. Getting it fixed was not easy. I now always store it with an empty brass case in the chamber.