In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

how many firearms can be covered under onencis

lock stock and barrellock stock and barrel Member Posts: 88 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
how many firearms can be purchased at a time and covered under one ffl ncis??

bought two hand guns, how many forms and checks need to be done if both are picked up at the same time? would you charge me double fee??

Comments

• MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    AS MANY AS YOU LIKE, MORE THAN 1 HANDGUN/WEEK HAS A CARD THAT GETS SENT IN BUT STILL ONLY ONE BACK GROUND CHECK (STATES MIGHT BE DIFFERENT).
  • 11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 4473 has room for 5 guns, but instructions say that additional guns can be listed on an attached sheet. If it was me, I might charge some extra for a LOT of guns, but it is still one NCIS check. Look around to see who is available to do transfers. GunBroker has this very nice "Find a FFL" feature......
  • Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    If it's over 5 here in NY, the dealer needs to call a special number at the FBI. I don't know if that's State or Federal Law.
  • fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    buy one, wait 7 days get the other
  • M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    Multiple handgun sales require another form to be sent to gestapo (batfe) headquarters and the local chief LEO. More hassle for the FFL dealer, and possible scrutiny from the gestapo.

If I am selling the firearms then no problem with putting multiple guns on one 4473. Handguns here in WI require a separate state background check and a $10 fee.

If I am just doing transfers for a customer then I charge for each firearm transferred.