In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GSG 1911 .22 Barrel

fhudikfhudik Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in Ask the Experts
Hello,

Does anyone know approximately how much a new barrel for a GSG 1911 .22 costs?

Thanks

Frank

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    WOW as new as this pistol is I wonder what happened to original barrel [?] I have a number of colt conversion units barrels both with and without floating chambers but NO GSG barrels I suspect $100.00 + as most makers know if you need a part you will pay most anything to get a part that would otherwise render the unit unusable.
  • Options
    fhudikfhudik Member Posts: 87 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought this junk pistol in 2011. I have had several issues with the weapon's recoil spring guide breaking twice. I bought an after market kit and ended that problem.

This time around I stripped the allen screw threads on the r/h side of the frame- who would think. I have many 1911s in 45 ACP; one slide stop and it's a done deal.

This GSG 1911 .22 has a slide stop, a barrel fixing pin and this allen screw on the r/h side of the pistol frame. I guess the engineer who engineered this weapon thought there were .22 atomic bullets out there.

Someone other than an lawyer would have to explain to me why the over kill on a .22 LR when a 45 ACP only has the slide stop and has had only one for over 100 years.

At the end of the day I did strip the threads: my fault, but even at that it was not like I was using an extension bar on the end of my allen key to tighten that screw down. followed the owners manual directions etc.

I'm done whining, but that's what happened.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello THE GSG has a very well made magazine and I have one of the pistols but very low round count maybe 2000 - 5000 my guess as to conversions I like the Kart Best and also like marvel and DAY 30 X never shot the GSG in a match as the 3 I do like have a way of locking the barrel to the frame and thus shoot match type groups . All the other conversion units I have are just for plinking
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Sig 1911 22 conversion appears to be made by GSG. The Sig magazines are identical (and half the price) to the GSG.

My only issues are that 1) It is marked for and will only cycle with HV 22 LR ammunition and 2) The alloy slide in the slide stop notch is getting peened by the steel slide stop and eventually will not stay open after the magazine is empty.

Accuracy is acceptable for plinking.