In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Excel Arms MP-5.7

bill2740bill2740 Member Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
This pistol has been out for over two years.
Any problems with reliabilty? (jam-o-matic)
Trigger break?
Accuracy?

I saw a used one for sale at a gun show (399--). Worth it?
I also have a FNH 5.7.

Thank you.

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The price is certainly OK, as compared to the FN. But the Excel just to big, physically for what it is.

The 22 mags on the same platform have been on the market for years. Never have been a hot item. If KelTec can make a 22 mag the size of the
    PMR and FN the 57. The only thing the Excel has going for it,is price and availability. They dropped the ball, should have made it a 16" barreled carbine. Rather than a clunker of a pistol.
  • bzgunninbzgunnin Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    They have a carbine in both 22wmr and 5.7x28mm 18 in barrel.. I have shot both of the cal in pistols and rifles, They make for a great predator hunting platform that you can't get from the other guys in those calibers.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bzgunnin
    They have a carbine in both 22wmr and 5.7x28mm 18 in barrel.. I have shot both of the cal in pistols and rifles, They make for a great predator hunting platform that you can't get from the other guys in those calibers.

I don't know about any semi-auto carbines made for the .22 mag? But their are 2 carbines available for 5.7 X 28. This one made by FN, and top end conversion for the AR platform.

PS90.jpg

Note: I switched the image to save members from a huge, oversize image. Now you can see the whole firearm in one view,

Best.