In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

What's My Norinco MAK90 AK47 Worth with PICS

ngs1022ngs1022 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
Hello,
What can you guys tell me about my gun here? I know very very little about it. Just inherited it and am looking to find out its worth and everything there is to know about it. It appears to be stamped, yes? The rivets gave me that clue. The barrel is not threaded. I have some of the stock wood pieces to go with it. Two clips. I would sell it all as a package deal as I have it laid out on the table with everything. Looks to be in great condition. I'm wanting to sell this eventually but really need some advice on what the total worth of this is...All help is greatly appreciated!!!

CYvtbK.jpg
CYvtbK.jpg
9pNCXN.jpg
IFmaIa.jpg
xB2WvR.jpg
M06bj7.jpg
CFlnoB.jpg
vUE8QD.jpg
ibcHSE.jpg
XcXog6.jpg
pmKJhe.jpg
Prcb6D.jpg

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Putting it back in it's original condition, if possible. Would be the fastest, and best way to sell it, IMHO. Replace original wooden thumbhole stock and forearm. Don't know if the scope mount and aftermarket muzzle brake, can be removed without defacing it though?

All the other stuff is just so much inexpensive gingerbread. That guys looking for original MAK 90's. Want them original, not with all the aftermarket parts.
  • Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A thumbhole stock stamped Norinco just sold for $ 760.00 on the auction side.

Not sure if the plastic stock and dust cover mounted scope will add to the value of yours.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks like 625-800 on a good day on closed auctions. Like stated, get it back to original shape,,be really nice if you ahd the box and all.
    And it is stamped
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    $700 to $800.

I'll have to agree with the other members: Remove the aftermarket parts and restore the OEM parts. The aftermarket parts will not gain you much additional money when sold with the rifle, so pull them off and sell them as a separate group.
  • ngs1022ngs1022 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have zero experience with removing parts like these from guns, and you will notice I don't have the top wooden part on the barrel just the bottom part available. So would I just leave the OEM barrel wood off and just do the thumb hole stock back on?How much should I expect to pay someone to put the stock parts back on?
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ngs1022
    I have zero experience with removing parts like these from guns, and you will notice I don't have the top wooden part on the barrel just the bottom part available. So would I just leave the OEM barrel wood off and just do the thumb hole stock back on?How much should I expect to pay someone to put the stock parts back on?

The top wood part, is the gas tube shroud. Since it's not any kind of restricted part. Easy to get, on one of the on-line auctions. The only problem, I can see putting it back in original condition. Would be the muzzle brake. If it was brazed or silver soldered on? Might be difficult to get off, without affecting the cosmetics of the barrel.

Any gunsmith could inexpensively, change out the stock and handguard. The muzzle brake might present more of a challenge. Depending on how it was attached to the barrel.
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    In any case; the rifle is worth $700-800 with the aftermarket parts...And worth $700-800 without them. If you don't want to make a little extra $$$ by selling the aftermarket parts separately, that is your own affair.