In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

External Hammers...

longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a matching set of NICE external hammers,like the shotgun ones,I've had em for years,now a buddy wants em for a shotgun he just picked up,his as most doesn't have matching hammers.I 've no idea what to charge him for them?They are matching,no rust,no I.D. printed on em...always thought I'd use em myself someday but he is insistant.Any help on a ballpark figure would help.Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Help??? anyone?
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Repro hammers run $12-20 depending on who, where, when etc. Old original much as you describe, don't bring a lot maybe $10 at auction, but when someone wants one, $25 might be a fair price. If the person just can't live without them the sky's the limit, something like bidding against someone at an auction. Couple years ago I sold a batch of old hammers for about $5 apiece. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    warcrobwarcrob Member Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Longhunter,

Gun Patrs cat. 21 lists colt hammers at $ 18.75, for the Cresent, American,or the Knickerbocker none in stock therefore no price listed. The Fulton, L.C. Smith none in stock no price.

That's the best I could do just paging through the catalog. Hope I was of some help. looks to me like they are pretty hard to come by they only listed the left hammer for the Colt side by side shotgun.

If you ain't got a sense of humor you got no business bein here!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to you both,it at least gives me a place to start...I can trade em towards stuff at his place.He has lots I just do not think I can live without......