In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MAS 49/56 California legal?

butbut Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
Is an unaltered MAS49/56 with the grenade launcher and sights legal to sell to a C&R holder that lives in California?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    No it is not. I am an FFL dealer here in California and C&R firearms and are not exempt from the states assault weapons regulations (in this case a grenade launcher on a semi automatic rifle). Because of this a holder of a C&R license may not receive any assault weapons from out of state. Fully licensed firearms dealers (TYPE 1 FFL and a California dealer on the DOJ approved list) are allowed to have assault weapons shipped in for sale to police, but a MAS49/56 would be a REAL stretch to expalin to the DOJ why a PD needed an obsolete French rifle for offical use. Bottom line: The buyer needs to be an actual firearms dealer and would need to send you a statement that the firearm is for sale to a law enforcement agency.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ditto what MC said!

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif

"I know Everything!"

"My Wife is a Hair Stylist"