In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gun stuff in east Tennessee?

gravediggergravedigger Member Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
I'm going on vacation to east Tennessee (Gatlinburg/Chattanooga/Knoxville, etc.) the last week of September. Is there anything gun related to do? Museums, cool shops, ranges?

-Marcus

***When the Second Amendment falls, the First will be sure to follow.***

Comments

• buckdeerbuckdeer Member Posts: 260 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have never wisited that part of the country but there should be several civil war battle sites in the area that may interest you
  • claysclays Member Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Chattanooga, Chickamauga, National Civil War Park & Musem, If you shoot sporting clays, while there, Pigeon Mtn Sprtg Clays, 5miles south of Chickamauga, (Inside pistol range, Sportsman Supply), (Skeet, Montlake Shooting Center, Soddy Daisy Tn, (Sat & Sun), (Sporting clays, Benton Sporting Clays, also has one of the finest gun shops in the South east, see their web site benton shooters supply, located on hwy 411 east of Cleveland, ) ( Sporting clays Knoxville area, Smokey Mtn sprtg clays, located @ Friendsville,Tn just outside of Knox.) (Gun show at the fair grounds in Knoxville, Sept 27 & 28th right beside the Knox zoo.) Hope these suggestions contribute to the enjoyment of your trip.

Bob
  • PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All sorts of Tourist stuff in Gatlinburg includes a Buford Pusser Museum, Law Enforcement museum, etc
    Perhaps the highlight of a trip to Gatlinburg is a place on the Strip (Near "Ober Gatlinburg"..the Ski Lift) called Fannie Farkles. Just ask anybody they will tell you where it is
    Simply the best and Largest Corn Dog in the world...The Ogle Dog... We detoured over 45 miles to get one a few months ago, my kids could not understand why i would do that until they had one (and wanted more but its tough to finish two)

"May the force be with you"
  • Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Smokey Mountain Knife Works" is a "Must See" if you like knives and goodbrands at discount prices.

Ronnie G. Perkins