In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MARK C

duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
YOU COVERED THIS THE OTHER DAY AND NOW I CAN'T FIND IT. WHAT DOES IT COST AND WHAT FORMS DO YOU USE TO GET A SHOTGUN HERE, USA, FROM ENGLAND. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR GOOD ADVISE.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Duckhunter, I pulled all of my other posts on imports because the fellow asking the questions did not like the answers I was giving him over on the general disscussion forum. I saw no future in continuing to waste his time with my trivial information on the firearms importation procedures so I simply pulled the plug.

You will need a ATF Form 6 and some time to wait for it to be approved. You can do this import yourself since chances are excellent that the shotgun you are importing from England is a standard sporting model and not a surplus military firearm (only licensed importers may bring in MILSURP firearms). There is no fee for a Form 6 import and the form is self explanitory. Just be sure to have the full details on the shotgun, who owns it right now, and how you are planning to bring it into this country (ocean transport, by air, over the pole in a dog sled, what ever). You can bring it back yourself if you like, or have it shipped by commercial carrier. However, it will remain with US Customs until you present the approved Form 6 and pay any taxes or duties which may be due. Once this is done Customs will release the firearm and notify the BATFE that your import has arrived and all of your firearm date (serial number, make, model, physical description) and personal information was correct and can be now be permanently entered into their official records in Washington DC.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR GREAT SERVICE.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.