In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

63 winchester 95% or better worth?

bbrooksbbrooks Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited July 2003 in Ask the Experts
How much is a 63 winchester 22 95% or better worth also what years were they manufactured

Comments

• Options
    wm69wm69 Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What range is the serial #? (ex 124xxx) Different value for grooved/ non grooved receiver, steel/ plastic buttplate, pre war/ post war... Scratch the part about the plastic buttplate, that refers to a model 61 (plastic buttplates were made late and the quality isn't as good). Still, a grooved receiver will usually bring more, unless it's a prewar smooth top. I'll tell you this, I looked for a grooved top in original 98-99% condition and was willing to pay @$600 for it and have never found one that cheap (would like to have one, but not Real high on my list of wants)...
  • Options
    Delta514Delta514 Member Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Short only" will be worth about twice as much as the Long Rifle. I have seen a few nice ones go for $350 - $450.

Ronnie G. Perkins
  • Options
    wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Winchester 63s were produced from 1938-1958. About 175,000 were made. There were no 63s that shot 22 shorts, they were all chambered for 22LR and were specifically marked for the 22 Super speed or SuperX cartridges. The very early rifles had 20" barrels, but by serial #15,000 the 23" barrel was introduced. After serial# 156,000 the receivers were grooved. Winchester had 63s remaining in stock until 1964. IMHO the price difference between grooved and non-grooved is negligible. Condition and special order items would make the difference in price. It doesn't take to good a rifle to bring $300.00, and $600.00 is pretty common for a nice example.
    Like all Winchesters of that era, they offered many special order options. examples are deluxe, engraved and scoped. I have a factory scoped 63 made in 1953 that doesn't even have dovetails in the barrel.
    Like was stated above, there are so many variables that it is very hard to put a value on an unseen rifle.

Old? First you forget names; then you forget faces; then you forget to pull your zipper up; then you forget to pull your zipper down.
    standard.jpg